View Poll Results: Should we have a list of user enhacement requests on this site ?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes - open to anyone

22 64.71%
  • yes - open to Annual maintenance subscribers

4 11.76%
  • yes - open to allowed subscribers

8 23.53%
  • Don't care

0 0%
  • No - naff Idea

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: User enhancement requests

Default User enhancement requests

How about a means of repeating along a path where the repeats are at each vertex or midway in each facet. You cannot even do this "manually" if you want the repeats to be rotated normal to the path. Old GDS used to allow you to "set rotation to free" so repeats could be positioned and rotated by 2 hits which at least allowed such operations manually (only in 2d mind you)

Wink Glueing

How about selecting all with prim and then with the SHIFT and SPACE (to cycle thru) deselect the required one and delete the rest or just use the cycle 'til the correct one hightlightes??

Quote Originally Posted by Brinley
    How about selecting all with prim and then with the SHIFT and SPACE (to cycle thru) deselect the required one and delete the rest or just use the cycle 'til the correct one hightlightes??
    Perhaps Colin has highlighting turned off? Even so deleting on of the terraces should make it easy to select the "glued entity"
    Brian Woodward
    MicroGDS and Piranesi

Quote Originally Posted by ColinMcNab
    How about a means of repeating along a path where the repeats are at each vertex or midway in each facet. You cannot even do this "manually" if you want the repeats to be rotated normal to the path. Old GDS used to allow you to "set rotation to free" so repeats could be positioned and rotated by 2 hits which at least allowed such operations manually (only in 2d mind you)
    You can do it manually with Object reposition, which is the equivalent of set repeat free. Oh and it does it in 3d.
    Brian Woodward
    MicroGDS and Piranesi

Default heres how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Woodward
    Perhaps Colin has highlighting turned off? Even so deleting on of the terraces should make it easy to select the "glued entity"
    I know how all of this works thanks...the problem is not being able to select the correct polygon manually MGDS has great commands for allowing this, it is the fact that I had this to do for about 500 buildings which is a lot of zooming and clicking. What is needed is a way to do this globally.......

aha I've just made a major discovery.. if you draw a rectangle the size of the drawing then do the spagetti trace then whilst still in object select mode you space bar cycle through the hits on one of the buidlings one of the objects contains the outline of every building ...only works if you draw the enclosing rectangle first....explanations anyone!!!...not that I'm complaining cos it works.
    Last edited by ColinMcNab; 8th December 2005 at 18:06. Reason: discovery

Colin

If you create the graphics on a new layer are n't you all set?
    Brian Woodward
    MicroGDS and Piranesi

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Woodward
    Colin

If you create the graphics on a new layer are n't you all set?
    Nope!!
    for some reason if you just create the graphics on a new layer you get lots of objects - one for each house in the terrace. However if you create a bounding box the system seems to recognise the "white" space as traceable and creates an extra object with only the terrace outlines......must be truly an undocumented feature ;o)
    Last edited by ColinMcNab; 8th December 2005 at 19:41. Reason: typo

Default User enhancement requests

In AutoCAD and IntelliCAD when you select a graphic the vertices show up highlighted, which can be very handy when editing at vertex level. I have been working around this in MGDS by creating various linestyles that highlight vertices, line direction etc as this is critical for where my graphics are ultimately going. I think it would be a good idea to impliment this at the display driver level ie to have a user set option in the preferences, to have the selected highlight graphics display vertex and/or line direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinMcNab
    In AutoCAD and IntelliCAD when you select a graphic the vertices show up highlighted, which can be very handy when editing at vertex level.
    I'm not sure I understand... MicroGDS already does this. If you're in a vertex editing command then the hit marker is positioned over the nearest vertex and the two line segments adjacent to the vertex are highlit to give additional feedback for which vertex is being pointed at.

Default highlighted vertices

the image on the left is in intellicad with both "circles" highlighted the one on the right is in MGDS with both highlighted!!.....that is if I've managed to attach a png file OK otherwise youll just have to guess ;o)
    Attached Images Attached Images