Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Style / Phasing

Default same result, diff path

YOU can do same within piranesi.

export your su view as a shadowless and hidden line with white
    background. in jpeg mode.

use piranesi to overlay this jpeg file over the epix file in the ink blend mode.

that's it.

redards

Unhappy

d.square,
    thanks for showing us another way to do this. there is almost always more than one means of accomplishing an effect in graphics software. the key is to find the one you are most comfortable with, is quickest and produces the best results!
    It's funny that this thread popped up this morning. I was an avid user of Piranesi but unfortunately have been dragged in different career directions which have limited my time working in this capacity - (sad) . My last post - according to the reply thread was 13 December 2007!!!
    Keep pushing ahead,

Tim

Talking

woowww

I discovered this technique a few years ago before I knew Piranesi. I used it
    until the exhaustion I think. The result for me is always at least charming.
    Read this thread has brought me good and old memories.

Long Live Piranesi
    ๑۩۞۩ Sir ®

.eldesignz@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by d.square View Post
    YOU can do same within piranesi.

export your su view as a shadowless and hidden line with white
    background. in jpeg mode.

use piranesi to overlay this jpeg file over the epix file in the ink blend mode.

that's it.

redards
    One question

1 Open the epix file
    2 Import the jpeg file

But i can´t find a way to overlay it with some transparency. It overlay it with full background colours.

Thanks

agrazdi

Quote Originally Posted by agrazdi View Post
    2 Import the jpeg file

But i can´t find a way to overlay it with some transparency. It overlay it with full background colours.
    In Piranesi 2010 Pro import creates a new layer and you can then set its blend mode and transparency.

In 2010 Lite or 5.1 or earlier you can use the jpeg file as a raster texture in 2d mode and then select blend mode and transparency.

Arvan

Thanks, i will try it in this way.

Somebody mentioned that in the 2010 pro you can no longer restore in the INK mode. Is there a reason for it and is there another way to get that effect ?

Thanks

agrazdi

Quote Originally Posted by agrazdi View Post
    Somebody mentioned that in the 2010 pro you can no longer restore in the INK mode.
    The restore tool is replaced by an eraser, but you can still paint with the restore RGB by setting the restore/colour mix to 0, and all the blend modes are then available.
    Is there a reason for it and is there another way to get that effect ?
    This was because an eraser seemed a better way to do almost all the things that the old restore tool was used for, and several new things as well.

I don't know what effect you want to get. If you really need to exactly match the old restore tool you can create a copy of the restore channels as a new layer and erase any bits you didn't want and merge the layers, but there's probably a better solution for any particular effect you have in mind.

For example if you want to preserve shadows from the original image then you can do all your painting into a new layer which has the ink or overlay blend mode - and you can switch between ink and overlay to see which works best.

Arvan

Ok, understood

Thanks

agrazdi