Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Style / Phasing

Default Style / Phasing

Here's a style that has an old pencil rough-in look that was typically employed prior to the final rendering occurred and some of the remnants of the construction remained in the final drawing.

It is also an idea of how to show future development in a multi-phase project. Any thoughts?

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default wow!

Very nice!

I too, like this style. Not too crisp, but it still has that professional look. You can see the loose, sketchy foundation, but it doesn't detract from the main features.
    I can see a good application of this for one of my upcoming projects. The reference to new vs existing construction delineation also strikes my fancy. Accept my thanks for your posting.

Excellent!

I also could use this technique! How did you get your outlines to cross and extend to give it taht hand sketch look? I know how to get the edges but I cant figure out how to extend them.
    Thank you.

Podge,
    Sorry for the delay but I've been away.
    The extended lines you see are a product of SketchUp, (one I don't typically use) and an option you can select in the program. I noted in your profile that you are an autocadd user for your models so I don't know if that will be of much help. I'm not sure if there are other programs that might give this effect as well that would help. Perhaps someone else may be know???

Tim

Default Grey lines....how to accomplish?

How did you get the x-ray (ie, greyed lines)? Did you export from Sketchup in x-ray mode and then painted-over in Piranesi?
    I see far more "stray" lines than geometry lines. Perhaps you tossed in a few more for the "effect" prior to exporting the image? This looks better evary time I come back and view it. Gotta give you credit for thinking ahead in SU, for adding the little extras in order to get the desired "sketchy" effect in the final render.
    Best regards.

Default How to

Vez,
    This was really a very simple technique employed here. I simply did a normal render process with SketchUp to Piranesi. My exports typically involve lighting the line work from the color pallet so they are not as pronounced as the default black "ink" lines you would get otherwise.
    From the same view in SketchUp I export another image in B&W X-Ray mode with the line extensions on and export another view (also lightening the construct lines).
    When the Piranesi render is complete I merge the two drawings in PhotoShop allowing the overlaid wire frame to be transparent.
    The "extra" construction lines you referred to are either the wire frame lines or the hatching that I have done in Piranesi on the rendered image.

Hope that helps

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thank you for your tip. It is very clever and useful.

Javier

Thanks...Yes, it is a neat composite. Was unsure of how to achieve the results that you did. But, accept my thanks for the detailed sequence. I have got to try this for myself.