Thread: Sketchup Styles?

Default Sketchup Styles?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and just getting started. I've been playing around with Sketchup styles when exporting my model to Piranesi, to get a more hand-drawn look. I've found that a lot of the SU styles, such as the "style builder competition winners", give almost TOO much of a hand-drawn look, with lots of shaky/wavy lines.

I'm looking for something that looks like it was hand drafted, but with precise, steady lines. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion? I've looked around on the web and haven't come up with much, but I feel like there has to be more out there.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeyes View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and just getting started. I've been playing around with Sketchup styles when exporting my model to Piranesi, to get a more hand-drawn look. I've found that a lot of the SU styles, such as the "style builder competition winners", give almost TOO much of a hand-drawn look, with lots of shaky/wavy lines.

I'm looking for something that looks like it was hand drafted, but with precise, steady lines. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion? I've looked around on the web and haven't come up with much, but I feel like there has to be more out there.

Thanks!
    hello snakeyes, I'm new here too and pretty much looked for exactly the same things you did...to me, it seemed that the "silhouette edges" and "wobble image" styles contained in the Tutorial Library (Chapter 5) work fine for a hand-drawn look that still holds the line more so than some of the Sketchup pencil/hand drawn styles...prob could use one of the regular Sketchup line styles w/ line extensions and play around w/ the sil & wobble settings (color and opacity of the silhouette/internal edges and the amount of wobble) to suit your taste...

Name:  Style Manager Window.jpg
Views: 1228
Size:  309.0 KB