Thread: Adding Textures

Default Adding Textures

I have had Piranesi for a couple years now, but only recently found time to figure it out. Awesome program and I am only scratching the surface of what it is capable of. I was wonder if it is possible to add my textures to the library. I have created .png files and dropped them into the folders but they do not show up when I am inside the program and try to use them. Am I missing something? I am using version 5.1
    Thanks in advance for any help.

You need to create styles for the new textures, raster files on disk are not automatically added.

I'd recommend keeping them in a separate folder from the styles that came with Piranesi and using the style library builder to generate a style library for them, see the online help for details.

Alternatively you can load individual textures using the texture advanced settings dialog and save them to a style library.

If you need more information, you might like to watch the "Using Styles" video on the Piranesi website at http://www.piranesi.co.uk/products/p...eos.asp#styles, or you are welcome to ask here.

Arvan

Default Thanks for the link

Thanks for the link to the video. That was helpful, but I still do not understand how to use my own textures such as Brick, or Siding, etc. The Video didnt really go into adding outside textures. Is there another one somewhere that shows that?

Quote Originally Posted by darrellg View Post
    Thanks for the link to the video. That was helpful, but I still do not understand how to use my own textures such as Brick, or Siding, etc. The Video didnt really go into adding outside textures. Is there another one somewhere that shows that?
    I'm afraid we don't currently have a movie for that.

To use your own texture, it's probably easiest to load a similar texture from the supplied library since that will set most of the parameters correctly. Then browse to your file from the Texture settings dialog. You will then need to set the size correctly for your image.

You can now save the texture as a new style, it's probably worth clearing all the check-boxes except "Texture" on the new style dialog.

Arvan

Default That worked

That worked for one at a time. Thanks for that. How about if I have a bunch of images. I guess I just load them into my library and then use this method the place them. Is that correct.

Quote Originally Posted by darrellg View Post
    How about if I have a bunch of images.
    For multiple images, use the style library builder. Tell it you want to create a texture library and specify a folder and it will create one style for each file of a suitable file type inside that folder and any sub folders. It only takes a single size so you will need to go through setting the sizes for any that are not that size.

If you apply one of the styles, change the size in the texture settings dialog and press the new style button, it will overwrite that style unless you change the name - which is what you want when you are going through setting the sizes.

Arvan